Which Work Visa Will I Need? | Achieve Education
Teenage Students Wearing Uniform Studying In IT Class

Which Work Visa Will I Need?

For those who are planning to work abroad, they will need to apply for a work visa to be allowed to gain entry and legally work. For the UK there are few different visa options depending on your circumstances.

Youth Mobility – Tier 5 Visa

The most common type of work visa for teachers relocating from Australia, Canada or New Zealand is the Tier-5 Youth Mobility. It is a two year, un-restricted visa, meaning you have the flexibility of casual work i.e. substitute teaching should that be your preference.

The eligibility criteria are pretty straightforward. To be able to apply for the Tier-5 visa, you must be under the age of 31 and hold full citizenship in either Australia, Canada or New Zealand.

Sponsorship – Tier 2 Visa

If you have already used your Tier-5 visa or don’t fit the above eligibility criteria, we would recommend speaking to your consultant regarding sponsorship. Unlike the Youth Mobility visa, your application must be made directly with the school or local authority. Unfortunately, recruitment agencies are not allowed to sponsor overseas staff however, our expert relocation team will be on hand to help you every step of the way.

You must already have a job offer secured before you can’t start the Tier 2 application. Our placement team will solely market you for jobs at schools that have the resources to sponsor overseas talent, making your life a whole lot easier!

Ancestry Visa

If you are lucky enough to have a close relative in the UK such as a Grandparent or Uncle, you could be eligible for an Ancestry visa or dual nationality. Here you get the best of both worlds! Speak to our relocation team about your options.