UK Healthcare for Overseas Teachers | Achieve Education

UK Healthcare for Overseas Teachers

The health system in England is a bit different than in other places. As a UK taxpayer you will be able to make use of the NHS (National Health Service). It is a very straightforward registration process, instead of going to the central service, you find the GP (general practitioner) closest to you and register there. You will require proof of address and some form of identification; we would suggest taking your passport and visa. 

If you already know where you will be living, click here to find your nearest GP surgery.

After you register with your GP, you may wish to register with a local dentist of your choice. Dental care in the UK is included within the NHS however, some services may incur additional fees such as teeth whitening. You can choose a dentist wherever is more convenient for you as you are not bound by location. Click here to find your nearest dental practice.